Physicians Toxicology Laboratory — Kalamazoo, MI
Physicians Toxicology Laboratory is a small company that has been in existence for 7 years and has two laboratories’ (MI and FL) with state of the art equipment designed to meet the specific needs of monitoring patient compliance in the Pain Management and Addiction Medicine practice. Physicians treating patients suffering from chronic pain face several unique challenges, including those associated with medication management. Routine urine drug testing provides documentation to rule out illicit drug use or non-compliance with a prescribed drug regimen.
The Laboratory Scientist would solely run the Michigan lab by working independently with assistance from Florida main lab personnel, as needed, to perform and analyze the results of the complex scientific tests. This person would be physically located at the corporate office location, which houses the laboratory as well.
The Laboratory Scientist Manager would be located in Tampa, FL.
Responsibilities to include but not limited to:
- Building worklists in Apollo LIMS system
- Labeling bullet tubes and LCMS vials
- Aliquoting patient samples for various procedures to test for the presence or quantity of therapeutic drugs and drugs of abuse
- Preparing urine and oral fluid samples and QC’s for LCMS analysis in the wet lab
- Screening patient samples on the Olympus analyzer
- Follow the clinical laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results.
- Be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and immediately notify Florida Lab Manager, if necessary.
- Ensuring proper storage of specimens following specimen receipt
- Adhere to the clinical laboratory’s quality control policies and document quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed.
- Performing LCMS analysis of urine and oral fluid specimens; maintaining quality results by running standards and controls
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the clinical laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Ensuring patient test results are not reported until all corrective action has been taken and the test system is functioning properly
- Present all laboratory logs and QA monthly to off-site Lab Director
- Verifying equipment function through routine equipment maintenance and advanced trouble shooting
- Calibrating equipment utilizing approved testing procedures
- Handle hazardous waste management activities in accordance to preset policies and protocols
- Responsible for monthly laboratory inventory and ordering as needed via PO process
- Back up to customer service department at the Florida Lab, as needed
- Other duties, as needed
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science
- Certification by ASCP, AMT, or AAB
- 2-5 years of lab experience
Preferred Experience but not necessary:
- Wet Lab
MT / MLT / Medical Technologist II - Full Time - Nights - (33371)
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center in Columbus, Ohio is an exciting place to begin or grow your career. With a comprehensive benefit package, OSUWMC is an industry leader, offering a competitive pay structure for Med Techs and Med Lab Techs: 100% employer paid tuition to The Ohio State University, medical, dental, and vision insurances, state retirement options, and access to University recreational/sports facilities and activities.
We have multiple positions open and, in particular, we are looking for new Med Tech/MLS grads with a passion for the Blood Bank. Our Blood Bank is very large with 25 techs. We utilize gel testing for antibody screening and automated blood typing systems. We are seeking candidates that can work well under pressure, are problem solvers, and are accurate and confident.
OSUWMC Clinical Labs are specialized by offering moderate and high complexity testing services in several areas utilizing only the most advanced technologies and research applications. Our labs include:
- Flow Cytometry Special Functions
- Microbiology Molecular Microbiology
- Toxicology Core Lab
- Blood Bank BMT
- Molecular Pathology Cytogenetics
- Lab Outreach Testing
If you are interested in The OSU Wexner Medical Center, please visit our careers page at wexnermedical.osu.edu/careers or contact me, Kendra Jados, directly at 614-366-2988 or Kendra.Jados@osumc.edu
To understand the exciting work being accomplished here please visit this link: https://wexnermedical.osu.edu/ways-to-give/wexmedlive. Our staff is truly at the forefront of transforming patient care. Make sure you scroll down the page to listen and watch these Wex Med Talks. Come be a part of creating the future of medicine!
Lakeland Medical has available positions for Medical Laboratory Scientists (Requisition Number 15422) (Requisition 15420) (Requisition Number 15473) (Requisition Number 15323) (Requisition Number 15577) (Requisition Number 15613) at their St. Joseph, MI location. Please check their Careers page for openings.
Emory University Hospital's Flow Cytometry Lab is looking for a full-time Lab Technical Coordinator.
Munson Healthcare Manistee Hospital is looking for a full-time Medical Technologist Job Code: 007300, a full-time MT/MLT, Job Posting 2017-11-138 and a MT/MLT, Job Posting 2017-11-138. Please visit their careers page to apply.
Mercy Health West Michigan has exciting full time opportunities for Medical Technologists in their Grand Rapids and Muskegon locations. Click here to apply for MLS Opportunities at Mercy Health. If you have questions, please contact Krystine Noble, Sr. Regional Talent Acquisition Specialist, at Krystine.Noble@mercyhealth.com
About Our Labs:
◦Perform in excess of 2 Million tests per year
◦More than 120 lab associates
◦Part of Trinity Health which has locations all across the country
◦State-of-the-art Automated Pre-analytical Instrumentation that moves specimens quickly through processing
◦Trinity Health has its own reference lab, located in Ann Arbor, where the most complex testing is done
◦Multiple laboratory disciplines, including Microbiology, Chemistry, Hematology, Cytology, Anatomic Pathology, Coagulation, Blood Bank, and Urinalysis
◦The most current, technically up-to-date, instrumentation throughout the laboratory
Opportunities and Benefits:
◦Competitive compensation package, paid time off plan, holiday pay, and shift premiums
◦Full Benefits package- medical, vision, dental, flex spending, etc.
◦Sign on Bonus and Relocation Assistance
◦Career Coaching, Career Exploration, and progression opportunities
◦Continuing education funds and lifelong learning opportunities
Performs and interprets tests at all complexity levels. Demonstrates an understanding of the theory and scientific principles of laboratory testing as well as the technical, procedural and problem solving aspects. Correlates abnormal laboratory data with pathological states, determines the validity of test results and the need for additional tests. Determines the validity of test results through the monitoring and/or verifying of quality controls, standards, etc. Communicates test results, reference ranges, specimen requirements, and other pertinent information to authorized sources.
- Follows the laboratory's procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results.
- Performs laboratory testing in a compliant manner.
- Maintains regulatory knowledge and awareness as it pertains to specific job duties.
- Adheres to the laboratory's quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed.
- Assumes responsibility for and takes action regarding any quality control or quality assurance issues as it pertains to specific job duties.
- Maintains instruments and equipment in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications.
- Assumes responsibility for good documentation practices and maintains clear and legible records.
- Performs proficiency testing in compliance with Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) regulations i.e. analyze proficiency survey sample in the same manner as a patient specimens, no communication with other CLIA laboratories, complete record retention and accurate documentation and result reporting.
- Assumes responsibility for participation in continuing education, professional development and required annual competency assessment.
- Follows the laboratory's established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established acceptable levels of performance.
Kittson Memorial Healthcare Center
Medical Laboratory Scientist/Technologist or Medical Laboratory Technician - FT
Required to perform clinical laboratory testing and other necessary duties to meet workload demands. Will work with good judgment and considerable independence while following established standards of practice. Overall will demonstrate technical competency and will consult with leadership when necessary. Needs to recognize responsibilities of other laboratory and health care personnel and interact with respect and synergy. Understand the functionality of laboratory instruments and equipment, demonstrate proficiency in assigned areas, willingness to learn and utilize new technology. Perform laboratory testing according to established standards and regulatory guidelines.
Preferred candidate will have completed a bachelors or associate program and an accredited college or university.
HOW TO APPLY
Contact Kristi Weberg, Human Resource Director at 218-843-3845 to receive an application for employment.
St Joseph Mercy Hospital:
Applicants can find postings located under the careers tab: http://www.stjoeshealth.org/search-current-job-openings.
They are looking for a Medical Technologist at their Muskegon location.
There are also several other part-time postings listed within the organization.
Bronson Methodist Hospital
They are currently looking for MLS/MLT employees. You can check out their website at https://www.bronsonhealth.com/find-a-job/ to see what is specific opportunities are available!
University of Michigan
There are several Medical Technologist positions open at Michigan Medicine Health System.
UMH Pathology Blood Bank, Job ID: 151320 please apply at: http://careers.umich.edu/
Cleveland Clinic has many positions open for medical technologists and are currently offering a $2,500 sign-on bonus and relocation reimbursement (up to $3,000) for candidates who qualify.
The following areas are available:
- Clinical Biochemistry
- Special Chemistry
- Automated Hematology
- Manual Hematology & Coagulation
- Flow Cytometry
- Blood Bank
- Molecular Pathology
- Clinical Microbiology
Questions can be directed to Eileen Mole at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit their careers page.
Beaumont Health System - Royal Oak
There is a Midnight Blood Banking Position available at the Royal Oak location of Beaumont Health Systems.
General Summary: Performs ABO/Rh typing; antibody screening and antibody identification; crossmatch and issue of blood products and tissues; blood product inventory processing and control, maintenance and quality control of reagents and equipment. Duties may include development of new SOP's and/or methodologies, participation in special projects, as well as quality assurance and regulatory accreditation activities. This position requires evaluation of appropriate specimen identification for transfusion purposes and transfusion reaction investigation.
Requirements: MT(ASCP), CLS(NCA) or eligible. Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Technology/ Clinical Laboratory Science or a related science.
Excellent observational and problem solving skills, attention to detail, manual dexterity, good communication skills, customer service oriented, time management skills and ability to multi-task and function efficiently in a team oriented environment. Previous Blood Bank experience preferred.
A $5000.00 Sign On Bonus for qualified candidates. Visit Beaumont's Careers page to apply for the position.
American Proficiency Institute
American Proficiency Institute (API) is seeking a Medical Laboratory Scientist to join our technical support team in Traverse City, Michigan. API Provides high quality proficiency testing services to over 19,000 hospital, clinic, and physician office laboratories nationwide. We offer a great work environment, competitive salary, and a generous benefit package. Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Pontiac General Hospital Labs
Pontiac Labs are seeking qualified Technicians and Technologists to fill a number of shifts. Please visit their careers page to search for positions.
MidMichigan Health has several positions open for Medical Technologists. Job details can be found at MidMichigan Careers. The job ID's are: 1177 and 1758.
Munson Medical Center
There are positions for Medical Technologists at Munson Medical Center in Traverse City and surrounding areas. Detail are at their career page.
St. John Providence Laboratories
St. John Providence Laboratories has positions; you can search their careers website.
Covance Laboratories has openings for all science grads. Apply online today at careers.covance.com
South Bend Medical Foundation
The Medical Foundation, located in South Bend, Indiana is an established (100+ years!) non-profit reference laboratory committed to serving our patients by providing quality and cost effect laboratory and blood banking services.
We are gearing up to start hiring additional technical staff - both at our Central Lab (Specialist) and Hospital (Generalist) locations. We currently have a few positions available, but due to retirements and growth anticipate more openings soon!
The Medical Foundation has long been committed to the professional and educational development of students. With this goal in mind, the Foundation is offering a $2,000 Tuition Loan to Medical Technology students who are current enrolled in the clinical year of an accredited program.
We would love to hear from you! Please visit our website (www.sbmf.org) to learn more. If you’d like to discuss our opportunities in more detail, feel free to contact us!
ARUP Laboratories has openings and positions can be found at Careers @ ARUP Laboratories.
The University of Alabama at Birmingham
There are several openings for medical technologists. Please see their website to search for the positions.
Metro Health University of Michigan Health
Applicants can find postings at metrohealth.net under the "Careers" section.
Click the link above to be taken to their website.
Apply online at careers.sanfordhealth.org