Prospective applicants for admission must possess, or be a candidate for, a bachelors degree in science from an accredited college or university and submit a complete application. A complete application consists of:
- Complete the online application form.
- Official transcripts. Have transcripts from all colleges and universities you have attended sent directly to MSU.
Mailing address is:
Michigan State University
Hannah Administration Building
426 Auditorium Road, Room 250
East Lansing, Michigan 48824-2604
**Note for international applicants: Records not issued in English must be submitted with a word-for-word English translation. Translations may be prepared either by an authorized translator in your home country, or by an ATA American Translation Agency (see http://www.atanet.org/).
- Once you submit the online application, you will receive a confirmation email with a link to the graduate application portal.
- On the Graduate Application Portal, upload the following items:
- A letter of intent or personal statement
- A resume
- Contact information for your recommenders.
- The general GRE (Graduate Record Exam) GRE scores can be up to 5 years old. The MSU GRE code is 1465. The BLD Department Code is 0601.
- For applicants in which English is not their first language, an English Language Proficiency test must be taken. Information on test availability and requirements. Test takers should use the Michigan State University code 1465.
- For applicants with degrees from universities/college outside the USA, degree evaluation is required. This evaluation should be done through World Education Service (WES).
- For international student application required by the graduate school, please see the checklist.
- Optional: Certification as a medical laboratory scientist is preferred, but not required, for admission to the master's program in clinical laboratory sciences.
Applications are reviewed by the graduate committee within the Biomedical Laboratory Diagnostics Program. This committee meets twice per year and is composed of BLD faculty members. Applications for fall admission (late August start) are reviewed in late April. Applications for spring admission (January start) are reviewed in early November. Only complete applications will be reviewed by the graduate committee.